Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Disney Movies

There are a couple of kids that were kicked out school hanging out at the office today.  They are watching the Lion King on VHS.  I am feeling so old right now. That was the movie we watched when we were home sick.  I wonder if our little munchkin will love Disney movies as much as I did as a kid? I wonder if I will embarass them when I sign all the lyrics to every song in every movie?  I wonder if they will want to be Aladdin or Buzz Lightyear for halloween?  I wonder if they will cry in Beauty and the Beast when Beast gets hurt? Maybe they will love Fox and The Hound and that movie will shape their view on friendship and loyalty? 

Wow, how did disney have such a strong hold on my childhood?  Anyway kid, I can't wait to watch movies with you when your sick, or when we have a snow day, or when it's family night or pretty much whenever we want to snuggle up under a homemade quilt.  I have a list started of movies I want to watch you watch. I want to see your face light up in the Lion King when the animals are all meeting Simba for the first time. I want to laugh with you while we watch about other kids being adopted in Dispecible Me. I want to hold your hand when we watch Finding Nemo and you realize that other kids have lost parents too.  I want to watch while you and Daddio re-inact your favor fight scene from Star Wars. I want to watch Transformers with you and tell you about your Grandpa who was in that movie (I promise to tell you tons of stories about Grandpa Joe)  I want to listen while you tell Grandma and Grandpa the stories of how the Muppets took Manhattan or about that one Muppet from Space.

Then when you get older we can watch Life is Beautiful and Jurrassic Park and Lord of the Rings and The Simpsons Movie and the list goes on and on and on.  Dad will make you watch Open Range and Thin Red Line but only when your older and you can actually sit through it. He will talk to you about what you hear and what you see.  He will teach you how to not only watch movies but to listen to them too.

Love you- L

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic blog. I just love reading it and you and Jeff are so inspiring!
    xo Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. this post made me so excited for you to get you're little kids.
    Glad you left bambi out..worst movie for kids to watch.

    Star Wars forever!

    ReplyDelete