Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Parenting Class

Part of the process is to take a nine week class. Three hours a week for a total of 27 hours of pre-parenting classes. This is not the "How to" of parenting. We won't go over how to change a diaper or when to go to the doctors but we will be covering more topics that will deal with the emotional well being of the child. Things like Positive reinforcement, building bonded relationships, and dealing with grief and loss will be some of the topics and discussions we will have with other soon to be foster parents. This will be an experience that can help us know where our kiddos are coming from and how to make this transition easier for them and for us. These classes will show us how to utilize our supports and how to survive this thing called parenthood. That starts next week. Some people that I have talked to agree that this class would be helpful for young parents or any parent for that matter. Even though I hated school while I was in it, I am such a learner and I am excited to take this next step. Don't worry I will post any helpful hints that we come across in this class.

Anyway, I feel so blessed by the support and encouragement we have had and continue to get from those around us. People are excited for us and are asking a ton of questions. Keep the questions coming. I want to figure this out too. Much Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment