Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One step closer

Some thing I've learned while being and doing social work is that these kiddos have been through hell alread. The kids in foster care need 3 simple things: structure, routine, and love.  They need parents that are pesent, reliable, and able to care for them at their best and worst.  One step that jeff and I are working on is making our lives structured and simple.  For me that meant checking myself and making sure that I can handle my own stuff and handle the kids stuff.  One way that I am simplifying and re-structuring myself is by leaving the world of social work for a while.  I need some space from my foster parents, my kiddos and my job.  I need space for my life and my world to calm down. So I quit. I found a job as a receptionist at an animal clinic in town.  This is the first step in pursuing a job that is still satisfying but that leaves emotional and physical room for me to be present in my life at home.  Lately my case management job wasn't allowing me to be me at home. I wasn't getting breaks from work and I wasn't feeling rested or at rest at any time. This job happened just like most things do in my life.  It happened thru godly timing and connections that can't be explained.  I called my good od uncle stan to ask him for some wisdom and his words of advice were to slow down and enjoy life.  This job will let me do that. And if I get tired of my clients I can put them in their kennel and walk away : ).  Anyways, all of that to say that God remains good and he gives me ways to find peace so I can become the woman of faith I want to be. 

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I LOVE this post!! What an amazing mother (and wife) you are already!

    ReplyDelete